If we talk about working on WordPress, it sometimes seems highly complex, but WordPress provides so many plugins, with which it becomes very easy to work on WordPress, today we are going to talk about one such plugin, which makes your WordPress work very easy, the name of that plugin is Yoast SEO plugin.
As you know, it is very costly for a professional to do hair. So it would be better to do your own work using some WordPress tools and customizable Content Management System (CMS).
As we all know that if we are working on a WordPress website, then we will need some WordPress SEO plugin. Yoast SEO plugin is one of the best plugins which makes your work easy.
Some new WordPress users are unaware that just installing the plugin is not enough, they should also know how to use it. When they read online tutorials, they do not read the complete instruction carefully due to which they face difficulties. Here we are going to discuss all Yoast WordPress SEO plugins. Get some effective tips that SEO professionals must follow to optimize their On-Page SEO.
Expand the Sequence of Contents to jump directly on topic:
Sequence of Contents
- 1 What is Yoast SEO?
- 2 How to install WordPress Yoast SEO plugin
- 2.1 Step 1. Transfer your data
- 2.2 Step 2. General Setting of Yoast SEO plugin
- 2.3 Step 3. Features setting
- 2.4 Step 4. Webmaster Tools
- 2.5 Step 5. Search Appearance
- 2.6 Step 6. Search Console in Yoast SEO Plugin
- 2.7 Step 7. Social
- 2.8 Step 8. Tools
- 2.9 Step 9. Redirects Manager (Premium)
- 2.10 Step 10. Optimizing Your Posts and Pages with Yoast SEO
- 2.11 Step 11. Optimizing Taxonomies for SEO (Categories and Tags)
- 2.12 Step 12. Optimizing Ecommerce Products
- 3 Conclusion
What is Yoast SEO?
WordPress Yoast SEO is one of the most popular plugins; the installation rate of it is more than three million. Basically you can say that Yoast SEO provides everything that an SEO professional wants. It provides so many features that help to make your site search engine friendly.
Yoast SEO plugin can be installed easily by any self-hosted WordPress website. That is the very easily used plugin you can manage all things very easily by using this one such as meta title, meta description, featured images, focus keyphrase, sitemap, and some other things. Yoast provides its services completely free but you can also use its premium version in which you will get some additional features.
By this beginner’s tutorial, you will surely get all your questions answered and it will be going to be very helpful to you.
Feature of Yoast SEO plugin
If we talk about the features of the WordPress Yoast SEO plugin there are so many features in it that have become popular some are listed below.
- It supports breadcrumbs, with configurable titles.
- You will get permalink clean up, at the time of allowing for Google custom search.
- It focuses on keyword testing.
- You can change the SEO title of post and meta description on the basis of per post.
- It provides you with a Google search snippet preview.
- The meta title and meta description support taxonomy.
- It provides you RSS header-footer configuration.
- Also, provide meta robots configuration.
- It improves canonical support and adds canonical to taxonomy archives, in a single post, pages, and front page.
- It provides an XML sitemap.
- If you take Yoast premium version you will get some additional features with it such as.
- With the premium package, you will get the ability to use multiple focus keywords.
- It will provide you with an internal linking suggestion.
- Also, provide you with video tutorials that will help you to understand all features of the plugin.
- With the help of this premium support, you will get the help to make your site more SEO friendly.
- With the help of the redirect manager, you can easily set up redirects.
How to install WordPress Yoast SEO plugin
Firstly, to install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin you have to go to the plugin section on the WordPress dashboard and click on add new.
- By clicking add new button you will reach on a new page search Yoast SEO on the search bar and you will get the Yoast SEO plugin simply install and activate. If the Yoast SEO is all ready installed and activated you will get an update option in front of Yoast SEO.
- Secondly, now if you have done the installation and activation procedure lets take a look at how to set up this one SEO plugin.
Let’s go in depth with the following hierarchy. As we know that this tutorial is for the beginner so if you are a master then you can ignore it if you do not like it.
If you are a beginner and you are suffering from the problem in the setup then you can come along with our tutorial. Follow these steps carefully.
Step 1. Transfer your data
If you are using any other SEO plugin such as All in one SEO plugin and now you want to use Yoast SEO then firstly transfer all your previous data to this plugin and then you have to deactivate the other one.
Step 2. General Setting of Yoast SEO plugin
- For general settings just click on the SEO icon and you get a setting page. You will get a button to open the configuration wizard. Ignore this one.
Step 3. Features setting
- With Yoast SEO plugin you get so many features in this features page you get the option to one and off these features.
Let’s talk about what are these features and what is its work.
- Seo analysis- This is for showing the SEO score and your content’s analysis
- Readability analysis- It analyzes and shows you readability and score for your content.
- Cornerstone content- With the help of this feature you can mark and filter cornerstone content.
- Text link counter- This one allows you to see the number of internal text links to and articles.
- XML sitemaps- It creates XML sitemap.
- Ryte integration- Check your site weekly and notify Yoast that your site is deindexed if deindexed.
- Admin bar menu- With the Yoast SEO menu is shown in the WordPress admin toolbar.
- Security: no advanced settings for authors- It improves security by hiding advanced SEO settings from authors.
Step 4. Webmaster Tools
Site owners can add their sites to search engines by using webmaster’s tools. With this, it becomes easier to verify your website with all search engines. To do that you have to simply sign to webmaster tools for each search engine. After that just ass meta code that you are taken from the search engine in the respective field.
Step 5. Search Appearance
This one controls the appearance of your website in search engine results. This adds so many options.
Let’s see each of them.
Here is the option of symbols that you can choose to use as a separator between titles. The default option is already set dash but you can use any one of them.
In this page you can also use the meta title and description for your home page.
Yoast also provides you knowledge graph and schema options for your website. You can choose an organization or an individual.
Here is the option to upload your avatar (profile pic ) for an individual and logo for any organization.
In this feature of Yoast you can choose the SEO title and description for every post and page of your website in this you can also set an automatic template.
You can also set search appearance, data snippet, and whether or not to show an SEO meta box for every content type. After all these the SEO title template and meta description can also be set by you. But most of the experts say to leave blank the meta description field. This would be automatically detected from your articles’ few starting lines.
In WordPress, a default new page is created for each media that is attached to your posts and pages.These kinds of pages are low-quality content according to search engines and it makes a negative SEO impact.
With the help of Yoast SEO, you can fix that by redirecting to these attached files in lieu of the attachment page. In Yoast, it is already set to ‘yes’ and there is no need to change it.
In this tab, the title and meta for categories, tags, custom taxonomies, and post format archives are easily configured by you.
You can control search appearance options for mix archive pages. In this author, date, search, and 404 pages are included. In most websites, the default setting will work. But for a single author blog, there is the need to disable author archive pages.
This is good for internal linking because it navigates the path to the page. With the help of this, your site gets an extra advantage in the search result. Be sure that you select ‘Enabled’, by this more breadcrumb settings are revealed.
Content scrapers are using RSS feed by content scrapers to copy content from your website. Using Yoast SEO you can add back-links to your own site for each post in RSS feed. You can also add advertisements to your RSS feed with the help of this feature of Yoast SEO.
Step 6. Search Console in Yoast SEO Plugin
With the search console you connect your WordPress site to Google Search Console. In this the WordPress connects to the Search Console and permits Yoast SEO to fetch and display your Search Console data.
To do this simply go to SEO then Search Console page and tap on the ‘Get Google Authorization Code’ button. With the Google Search Console, you can easily track the traffic on your search ranking.
Step 7. Social
As we already discussed that Yoast SEO comes with plenty of features that is one of them it integrates your site with social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and others. By clicking the SEO menu you can set up these platforms.
Step 8. Tools
There are some built in tools in Yoast SEO with the help of this you can perform some advanced tasks. These tools are mentioned bello.
- Import and Export
- File editor
- Bulk editor
Step 9. Redirects Manager (Premium)
If you purchase premium membership of Yoast SEO you will get some additional features. The Redirects Manager is one of them. With the help of this you can easily fix 404 errors, by redirecting old articles to a new one.
Step 10. Optimizing Your Posts and Pages with Yoast SEO
Don’t think that only installing is enough. If you really want to get the maximum benefit of this, then you have to customize the setting per post. You will get a meta box in the below section of per post and you can just simply fill the key phrase and you will easily be able to customize.
Step 11. Optimizing Taxonomies for SEO (Categories and Tags)
Much the same as your post and pages, you can likewise abrogate the SEO title and meta depictions for class, tag, and creator document pages.
Essentially visit Posts » Categories page and snap on the altar interface beneath any classification. On the classification alter page, look down to the base and you will see the Yoast SEO meta box.
Step 12. Optimizing Ecommerce Products
In the event that you will get full support of online stores in Yoast SEO by using woo-commerce. By using this you can easily optimize your products just like posts and pages. So you can easily edit and optimize your old product by just entering a focus keyword, SEO title, SEO description and more.
Finally, I hope above given direction help you to install and optimize the Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress site. Work with Yoast SEO plugin to enhance your web working system.
If you have any query then make a single line in the comment box. Definitely I will reach you.